POSITION: Store Director
LOCATION: New York City
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years
Opening in Fall 2023, Tanya Taylor is debuting its first store on Madison Avenue. This is an exciting, career-defining opportunity to open and launch the brand’s first flagship store. The store director is responsible for leading, mentoring, and motivating all store staff from implementing CRM strategies to achieving top line sales performance. In addition to leading the sales strategy, this role oversees all operational, inventory, and administrative functions of a functional retail store. Ideal candidates would come from a corporate retail background but have a willingness to work in a start-up like environment where they have the ability to affect change and leave their mark on a growing brand.
Business & Sales Performance:
- Drive sales performance for the Madison retail channel, achieving weekly, monthly, and quarterly selling goals
- Be present on the sales floor, continuously empowering sales staff to meet sales goals by creating an authentic Tanya Taylor brand experience.
- Support corporate marketing team with store events, campaigns, and activations
- Support Senior Director of DTC with seasonal product buys
- Lead the team in product knowledge across all product categories
- Learn the core brand pillars and identity of the Tanya Taylor brand to use the Madison store channel to spread brand awareness in the community
- Analyze selling and support DTC + sales team on annual forecasts and goal setting for team
- Keep a close eye on competitor product offering; visual layout; promotional strategy; clienteling and sales strategies to stay relevant within the fast-paced retail industry
- Support corporate marketing team by overseeing and sharing store content for Tanya Taylor social channels
- Lead and mentor the team of associates on a retention clienteling strategy
- Develop and execute a high customer service standard to exceed customer expectations and encourage repeat customers
- Implement CRM tools to maintain and grow a customer database.
- Act as brand ambassador to strengthen/form relationships with VIP clientele/prospect customers
- Use current book of clients to introduce your existing clients to a new store and brand, cultivating a strong private appointment culture
- Weekly outreach to clients to inform about new product and upcoming events
- Coordinate and support freelance stylists who bring their clients to the store
Team Management, Leadership, and HR:
- Build an encouraging and positive environment to develop and empower staff
- Recruit and develop the best talent available in the market through networking and scouting while adhering to the allotted HR staffing budget
- Proactively assess performance and growth potential of individual staff members to build a strong team benchmark and foster career growth
- Identify individual and team training needs.
- Build and circulate staff schedules, ensuring adherence to handbook policies including blackout dates & overtime rules
- Manage timecards and support Tanya Taylor corporate team with payroll
- Conduct and share annual performance reviews of store staff with Tanya Taylor corporate team
Administrative & Operations Management:
- Set tone for the store, monitoring music, displays, staff appearance, etc.
- Manage store operations budget to control costs and ensure efficient operation in store
- Oversee store inventory management to ensure maintenance of cycle counts, inventory accuracy, and shrink requirements
- Work closely with the logistics team to ensure that appropriate stock and assortment levels are met and that weekly deliveries are received
- Develop loss prevention strategies and training, ensuring staff is aware of security checkpoints and that security equipment is operating functionally
- Ensure team follows all company policies and procedures
- Create store opening and closing protocols
- Oversee and implement a delivery protocol for omni selling and/or VIP consignment clients
- Work with corporate sales and merchandising teams to ensure in-store merchandising displays and standards
- Support on sourcing talent to execute seasonal displays
- Incorporate best sellers and core inventory in an artful way to ensure these keys styles are always on display
- Send weekly selling reports to Tanya Taylor corporate president and Senior Director of DTC
- Work with Tanya Taylor president and VP of Finance to prepare necessary materials for board presentations
- Communicate anecdotal performance and selling to founder and CEO
- Minimum 5 years of previous retail experience (Womenswear and/or luxury experience preferred)
- Results-driven quantitative approach to achieving financial sales goals
- Ability to think strategically, make sound decisions, and execute proper business actions
- Excellent social skills, including the ability to communicate optimally both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of POS systems. (Shopify experience is preferred)
- Ability and experience in leading a multi person team
- Ability to lift boxes/weight up to 30 lbs
- Must have flexible schedule: some nights, weekends, and holidays
- Working understanding of inventory management systems and processes
- Knowledge and experience of different clienteling strategies and related technology platforms
- Knowledge of fashion industry, focusing on key competitors in the contemporary and luxury womenswear space
- Key understanding of the Madison Avenue shopper, including her preferred brands; vacation destinations; social calendar, and general dressing needs
- Creative problem-solver personality and sensibly
- Healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Comprehensive bonus compensation based on performance
- Paid-Time off
- 401K program
ABOUT TANYA TAYLOR
Tanya Taylor is an independent fashion brand based in New York City. Founded in 2012, the brand presents a unique and refreshing vision inspired by the city's energy, art, and the diverse women who inhabit it.
By taking an artistic, thoughtful approach to fashion, Tanya intertwines the use of color, texture, and original hand-painted prints with uplifting and celebratory silhouettes into each size-inclusive collection, so all women have a way to express themselves creatively and confidently.
Recognized throughout the industry for our commitment to inclusivity, Tanya Taylor has fostered an organic community of inspirational women ranging from Dr. Jill Biden to Meryl Streep and Tracee Ellis Ross to Raquel Willis.
Today the brand is carried by Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Shopbop, Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman, Rent the Runway and over 100+ specialty boutiques across the country. Learn more and explore the brand’s DTC channel on Tanyataylor.com.